Wednesday, December 24, 2008

My Silent Night

Silent night is meant to be a silent one.

Perhaps I wasn’t old enough to understand the in depth meaning of a silent night. As far as I could recall, for the past few years especially throughout the university life, this day has always been occupied. Be it with celebrations, gathering, or even assignments and the deadly final exams!

Oh, Amitābha~ at such old age of 24, finally God has given me the wisdom to understand and even experience a real silent night!

Picture speaks more than a thousand words here…


Yes. it’s mine. Ouch! Donating blood on a Christmas Eve!

This is my 2nd time donating blood. People do show dubious expression about it and I always had to reiterate the same answer, “Yes, I’m eligible to donate blood with sufficient weight-lah”.

Even though I “outperformed” Mr Sean this time that I no longer having pale face during the donation, but I still feel the tiredness from it now. (Note: According to the nurse Mr Sean didn’t have “proper” breakfast. But the fact is we took the same thing in the morning. So the only reason I could figure out is … hmmm… his food intake is no longer enough to “satisfy” his growing body size anymore, haha!)

Anyway, aside from the blood donation, we’ve decided to spend the night *silently* with a few glasses of red wine…. And now, with the alcohol effect I am getting so sleepy that I realize it’s time to surrender the nocturnal creature status as how it used to be years ago. Staying late night and hanging around is no longer my cup of tea now…

Well, people chase after different things in different stages of life. My 2008 silent night perfectly reflects the transition of my life now. At this point of time, what I pursue in life is just as simple as a silent night. I feel fortunate and hope this is still not too late for me to be enlightened that "Simplicity Means Happiness" :)

My Silent Night… May everyone has a Merry Christmas~

No comments: